Tenby Museum and Art Gallery
Tenby Museum and Art Gallery is situated in part of the medieval castle, overlooking Castle Beach and Caldey Island. Permanent displays include archaeology, geology, the natural, maritime and social history of the town and South Pembrokeshire.
The permanent collection includes art works by Augustus John, Gwen John, Nina Hamnett, Edward J Head, David Jones, John Piper and many others.
In the second gallery you'll find a programme of frequently changing events.
In the shop you'll find unique gifts, stylish greeting cards and artists prints. Brouwse through books and cataloues relevant tou the displays and exhibitions. There is even an opportunity to explore the collection of second-hand books. If you cannot find something in the shop, the musuem is happy to order itmes on your behalf.
- Local archaeology and geology displays
- 'The Story of Tenby Gallery', tracing the history of Tenby from earliest recorder times
- Maritime history and Tenby Lifeboat displays
- Harbour display
- Natural History of Pembrokeshire
- A Victorian Antiquarian's Study
- Pirate cell
- 'behind the scenes tours' and gallery talks
- Groups welcomed by appointment
- Lots of things for the familiy, including the activity trail
For more information call 01834 842809 or visit the Tenby Museum and Art Gallery website